EU co-financed Twinning Project under the Transition Facility Programme for Croatia “Enhancing the quality of judicial training – by upgrading EU law and on-line trainings” (CRO EULAW) HR/14/IB/JH/03 is seeking to recruit an Administrative Assistant to the Resident Twinning Advisor – RTA.
Duration of the contract: 10 months. Start of the assignment will be as of 1 June 2017. Position is based in: Judicial Academy, Ulica Grada Vukovara 49, Zagreb, Republic of Croatia. Gross monthly salary: 1.800 EUR fixed term contract.
Individuals that have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration (Judicial Academy of Croatia) within the previous six months are not eligible for this position.
The tasks of the RTA Administrative Assistant include:
- Supporting the Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) in office management, record keeping, correspondence, bookkeeping and accounting, drafting and editing of project documents and materials, drafting minutes of meetings;
- Principal assisting the RTA and short-term experts;
- Supporting the RTA in organizational and technical matters; supporting the RTA in his daily work especially in organizing work meetings, trainings, expert missions, study visits, etc.;
- Drafting of other written materials in relation to the project in Croatian and English;
- Developing and maintaining close working contacts with the Croatian counterparts, in particular at the Judicial Academy, the courts and the state attorney offices;
- Supporting short-term experts from other EU member states involved in the project in organizational and technical matters;
- Assisting the visit experts to solve travel, accommodation and other related issues.
Requirements for the candidate:
The RTA Administrative Assistant will be recruited in accordance with the following selection criteria:
- University degree
- Excellent command of spoken and written Croatian and English languages
- Proven experience in project administration;
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Internet, etc.);
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Must be able to work independently as well as a part of a team and be initiative and flexible;
- Understanding of financial management;
- Excellent abilities in drafting documents;
- Ability to work closely with the RTA and an international team of experts.
The following skills would be considered an asset:
- Experience of international donor funded projects, for example: EU funded projects, especially Twinning projects;
- Experience in the judicial sector in Croatia;
- Experience of working in an international environment;
- Experience in the judicial sector in Croatia would be an advantage.
Candidates should send a copy of their CV with a cover letter in English, by e-mail to Kestutis.Vaskevicius@pravosudje.hr marked “RTA Administrative Assistant” by 15 May 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview. The tentative date of the interview is 17-19.05.2017 in the premises of the Judicial Academy in grada Vukovara 49, Zagreb.
For any further information please contact Mr. Kestutis Vaskevicius, e-mail: Kestutis.Vaskevicius@pravosudje.hr.
The Twinning Project “Enhancing the quality of judicial training – by upgrading EU law and on-line trainings (CRO EULAW)” is an EU funded Twinning project managed by the Central Finance and Contracting Agency that will be jointly implemented by the Judicial Academy of Croatia and the Center for International Legal Cooperation (CILC), a mandated body under the Ministry of Security and Justice of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
The purpose of the project is to upgrade and improve the current judicial training system as well as to further enhance the lifelong learning system of the judicial officials in the Judicial Academy.