The project controller is responsible for providing the project teams with up to date and accurate overviews of the state of play and forecasts for their international projects. You will ensure that the automated project management system is fit for purpose, the project data is reliable and report to the board of directors when needed. You will also be the backup for the business controller in his financial and administrative duties and responsibilities.
The position is for 28-32 hours/week, partially based in our office in the centre of The Hague and partially homebased.
• advise and support project managers with the financial matters during acquisition, execution, audit and completion of projects;
• check and analyze the automatically generated project reports and discuss performance and risks with the project managers in a pro-active way;
• provide financial project reports to third parties, such as donors;
• assist and advise the project teams with procurement and sales invoicing;
• assist in and verify that the financial project data is reliable, up to date and accessible;
• review and advise on financial aspects of agreements with third parties;
• be the system administrator for the automated project management system and support the project teams in creating and updating workflows and master data;
• Act as a back-up for the business controller.
You will bring:
• a completed HBO level bachelor in bookkeeping/business administration;
• additional certificates for completed courses on project accounting, project control are an asset;
• 2+ years of relevant professional experience with proven knowledge and ability in processing administrative entries, project controlling, reporting and accounting skills;
• flexible and hands-on working style, takes ownership of tasks and is eager to acquire and apply new skills;
• can work in a structured and timely manner;
• demonstrates accuracy;
• a supportive attitude whilst being pro-active and independent when it comes to implementing financial project controls;
• able to communicate effectively and pleasantly in both Dutch and English;
• proficient in Excel and financial software (experience with AFAS is an asset);
• preferably living in the region Haaglanden.
• a one-year contract with perspective to permanent employment;
• the salary scale of the project controller is 9 with a growth perspective to scale 10;
Salary scales are similar to the ones of the State (Rijkstabel);
• 8% holiday allowance and a 13th month (8,6%);
• a pension plan with ABP fully paid by CILC;
• a professional, informal and friendly team.
For see for more information www.cilc.nl and for any questions about the vacancy and the procedure please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested candidates can submit their CV and motivation letter by email to email@example.com until Friday 7 April 2023.