The project officer (PO) will be assisting project implementation with (financial) administration and logistics. The PO will be the first point of contact for experts on administration and logistics, as well as communication with other administration and finance departments of organisations. The PO will be responsible for the logistics of missions as well as of events in the Netherlands and abroad. The project officer will also help with the financial administration. This includes but is not limited to checking budgets and assist with financial reporting of the projects. The project officer will also assist the project team with the organising and archiving of (digital) administration.
The position is for 32-28 hours/week. It is based in our office in the centre of The Hague with the option to work from home occasionally.
- support (senior) project managers with logistical and administrative support for the implementation of international projects, including booking flights, hotels; arranging visa; setting meetings; support with financial project administration; the development of communications materials
- be supporting administratively in project acquisition;
- in close cooperation with the project controller; monitor the budget for the project activities, track expenses;
- monitor and improve the project planning and reporting processes and ensure timely and up-to-date project reporting;
- have (or be willing to obtain) excellent knowledge of financial rules and regulations of national and international donors;
- be the first contact point for experts, local partners and partner organisations in project implementation and acquisition on administrative and logistical issues;
- writing expert contracts and arranging logistics and financial administration;
- help with archiving;
- make sure invoices are booked in a timely matter and accordance with our booking schedule.
You will bring:
- a supportive and flexible attitude with a hands-on working style;
- accuracy and detail-oriented work style;
- fluent in both Dutch and English (written and spoken);
- proficiency in the following systems (Excel, Word, PDF (adobe acrobat));
- an MBO diploma (e.g. business administration, project management, project administration, law);
- proven administrative and logistical skills, experience in applying these in a complex and shifting international context is an asset;
- the capability to work autonomously, willing to work flexibly to meet tight deadlines and to receive tasks from various persons;
- strong interpersonal, intercultural and organisational skills;
- strong attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines;
- the willingness to travel when necessary for project implementation;
- ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly in both Dutch and English;
- a language spoken in the Western Balkan would be a strong asset;
- preferably living in the region of Haaglanden (limited possibility of online working).
- a contract for one year with a part- or full-time appointment based on 32 up to 38 working hours per week, with the option for renewal;
- an international team of highly motivated colleagues with diverse fields of expertise;
- a wide network of inspiring people and partner organisations all over the world;
- a friendly open office in the city centre of The Hague;
- an annual personal training budget;
- an attractive salary depending on background and experience (CILC scale 9-10);
- 8% holiday allowance and a 13th month (8,6%);
- a pension plan with ABP fully paid by CILC.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before 29th May 2023. If you have further questions about the vacancy and the procedure, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted in case we would like to invite you for an interview.
Please confirm that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands without restrictions. Note that documents written in a language other than English will not be considered.
Please note that we can only contact shortlisted candidates due to the high volume of applications received. Therefore, please do not call or email us after you have submitted your application.
CILC is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, colour, or any other protected class.