The Center for International Legal Cooperation (CILC) is looking for a communications intern at our headquarters in The Hague to temporarily join our team for the duration of 5 or 6 months for 3 to 5 working days per week (depending on availability of the selected candidate).
CILC promotes the rule of law by initiating and implementing international legal cooperation projects. We bring together legal experts from different countries to work out solutions for a variety of challenges within developing legal systems. We are based in The Hague and our current work spans dozens of countries in development and in transition in Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
We are looking for an intern who will bring fresh perspectives on external communication to help develop our communication plan. We expect you to write and publish content on the basis of your own gathered data and research. Furthermore, we expect that you will translate your insights into recommendations so we can improve our approach to external communication. You may also be asked to take up communication tasks in support of the day-to-day work of the CILC project managers.
Candidates for this internship will:
- create and edit content for (online) outreach & communication materials
- search for visual contents (photos, illustrations, videos and infographics) for (online) outreach & communication materials
- interview project managers, experts, beneficiaries to report about our work
- design and implement a communication plan to increase CILC’s online visibility (social media)
- advise and assist CILC projects in the development of their communication strategy and the implementation of communication activities
- keep abreast of developments in our work (new projects, funds, newsworthy information about our partners and projects)
CILC offers an informal and at the same time professionally challenging working environment. We offer the opportunity to work with people who really care about the work they do. We work on some of the highest profile and most intellectually challenging rule of law related projects.
You will be part of our team and will get the chance to work independently and be responsible for your own results. You will gain experience in:
- working with the European Commission and CILC’s (inter)national partners and experts
- developing a communication plan
- understanding international rule of law cooperation
You will get an internship compensation in line with the regulations of the Netherlands higher education system. Interns who are still following a bachelor or master program will receive a gross monthly stipend of maximum €350 (pro rata) for the duration of their internship. Additional costs such as housing, travel, living expenses and medical insurance must be borne by the intern.
Candidates for this internship will:
- have an interest in the rule of law and international development, and like to discuss new angles and ideas with your colleagues
- have excellent command of English (written and verbal), similar command of French will be an asset
- have good understanding of recent (online) trends and developments in use of online media
- have experience with website management/ WordPress based CMS
- have experience with tailoring content for a variety of audiences, especially online
- have proficient knowledge of complete Office Package, and have excellent document formatting skills
- be highly motivated and can think out-of-the-box
- be a fast learner
How to apply
Are you interested? Send us before 31 January 17:00 your CV and a no more than 300-words motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted by us in case we would like to invite you for an interview.
Please confirm that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands without restrictions. Note that documents written in a language other than English will not be considered.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. Therefore, please do not call us after you have submitted your application.
CILC is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, colour or any other protected class.