CILC is looking for a full time Project Manager. This position is fully dedicated to the management and monitoring of a European knowledge and exchange platform on ongoing migration towards the European Union. This position is made available on behalf of and in joint collaboration with our client, the Dutch Ministry of Security and Justice. The network targets a partnership between European migration and return organisations from EU member states and fosters cooperation between the EU and countries of origin (third countries), in order to enhance identification and effective return of migrants. The network aims to develop and share European good practices in the field of migration.
The position is for 38 hours/week and based in The Hague, but involves frequent travelling within Europe.
- Initiate, organise and facilitate working group sessions between representatives of European migration and return organisations;
- Support working group chairs in preparing face-to-face exchange meetings (agenda setting, collecting background documentation, organising pre-coordination meetings, contacting working group members, etc.);
- Conduct research and develop reports on political and economic developments, migration, high-level meetings and negotiations in/with third countries;
- Conduct research and draft reports on return procedures of EU member states and their interactions with third countries in returning migrants;
- Develop innovative approaches for improving the impact of the network and steer discussions in new directions (linking operational return related issues to political and economic developments in third countries);
- Contribute to the launch and development of new products and outputs under the network;
- Facilitate working group meetings, present products or research conducted and moderate/steer discussions;
- Improve the use of available online instruments for exchanging information and disseminating products developed by the network;
- Develop, edit and contribute to the network’s communication materials;
- Communicate, consult and report to the client on a daily basis;
- Monitor and improve activity planning and reporting processes and ensure timely and up-to-date reporting;
- Represent CILC and its interests vis-à-vis the client, but also towards the European Commission, Frontex, EU member states delegates and third country representatives;
- Lead and steer internal project teams, thereby delegating work to junior project managers, provide coaching and instructions, monitor outputs and be final responsible for quality assurance;
- Monitor the CILC budget for the network’s activities, track expenses and adjust budgets in line with agreements with the client.
Candidates for this project management position will have:
- A master’s degree in a relevant field of study, preferably in fields related to migration;
- 5+ years of professional working experience in a field relevant to this position;
- Demonstrable research experience;
- Experience in implementing international networks, preferably in EU context;
- Strong sense for political and inter-institutional sensitivities;
- A proactive work ethics and creativity to develop new products, innovative ways of working and new areas to be covered by the network;
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and organisational skills;
- Ability to summarise and distribute information quickly and concisely;
- Able to work in a quickly changing environment, with shifting priorities and new developments taking place rapidly;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Excellent writing and reporting skills;
- The capability to work autonomously and a willingness to work with flexibility to meet tight deadlines – while always keeping an eye on the client’s needs and preferences (even if these are not explicit);
- Able to work in and steer teams, instruct/delegate where appropriate and be the final responsible towards the client;
- Able to travel frequently within Europe – travel is expected on a bi-weekly basis (with one or two overnight stays);
- Operational proficiency in written and spoken English; proficiency in Dutch and French would be a strong asset.
CILC offers an informal and at the same time professionally challenging work environment. We offer the opportunity to work with people who really care about the work they do. CILC is a growing organisation, offering its project managers ample opportunity to learn, take on new challenges and grow professionally. In addition, we offer:
- A contract for one year with a full-time appointment based on 5 days per week (38 hours), with the option for renewal;
- An international team of highly motivated colleagues with diverse fields of expertise;
- A wide network of inspiring people and partner organisations all over the world;
- A friendly, open office in the city centre of The Hague;
- A market conform salary, scale 10-11 (max. 4948 Euro), depending on background and experience;
- ABP pension scheme and fringe benefits.
How to apply
Are you interested? Send us your CV and motivation letter to office [at] cilc.nl before 23 June 2017. If you have further questions, feel free to send an email to Willem van Nieuwkerk (office [at] @cilc.nl). You will be contacted by us in case we would like to invite you for an interview.
Please confirm that you are eligible to work in the Netherlands without restrictions. Note that documents written in a language other than English will not be considered.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. Therefore, please do not call or email us after you have submitted your application.
CILC is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender identity, sexual orientation, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, colour or any other protected class.