- Elapsed 80%
The project focuses on both the Moldovan criminal and the civil justice systems, and aims to strengthen the Probation Service, the Penitentiary Department, and the Union of Bailiffs. In addressing these two separate thematic areas of enforcement on the one hand and detention, probation and rehabilitation on the other hand, the project will be tackling an entire range of elements required for upgrading the performance of these systems. These elements include:
- Providing support with necessary legislative adjustments;
- Supporting institutional development, with attention for organisational structures, Human Resources Management, financial and performance management;
- Assisting with the improvement of operational workflows in the direct beneficiary institutions – working procedures and regulations, in-house training, coaching, and support with performance monitoring;
- Strengthening the awareness about and commitment to ethical and professional conduct among bailiffs, probation officers and penitentiary workers;
- Contributing to improved public awareness on the enforcement, probation and rehabilitation systems.
The direct beneficiaries are institutions involved in enforcement, probation and rehabilitation process: the Penitentiary Department under the Ministry of Justice and the network of prisons, the Central Probation Office and its separate offices, and the Union of Bailiffs.
Vision and focus
Our vision for this project is to contribute to the improved enforcement of civil and criminal judicial decisions in Moldova with an emphasis on respect for Human Rights by all parties involved, competence and professionalism of relevant actors, efficient and effective legal procedures and inter-institutional cooperation mechanisms. Our focus in this project is to provide tailored, high-quality expertise and support to Moldovan sector institutions involved in the enforcement, probation and rehabilitation process, in the believe that we can facilitate change and enable direct beneficiaries through a sustained peer-to-peer approach.
Key Expert 2 - Financial Expert
Key Expert 3 - Detention System Expert
Junior Project Manager
Key Expert 4 - Enforcement Expert
- Moldova // Looking beyond the stigma of the detainee 18 October 2016Unprecedented drama therapy project for life-sentence detainees in Rezina prison
Read the full article
- Moldova // International conference on the status of the enforcement agent 22 September 2015International conference brings more than 85 enforcement agents from different countries to Chisinau...
Read the full article