Shiraka (11 countries): ongoing
- Elapsed 30% 30%
The specific objectives of this training are:
• Provide high quality training to a group of 25 civil servants involved in the field of legislative drafting in their respective countries;
• Acquaint the participants with good practices in the field of legislative drafting;
• Enable the participants to act as change agents in their respective countries.
Additionally, the course provides participants with the opportunity to develop a valuable network with other civil servants in the region and in the Netherlands.
The training programme on legislation consists of 11 training days in
the Netherlands and 5 training days in one of the participating
countries (including travel days). The two modules are related and
designed to support learning through follow-up and tailored feedback
on participants’ real life legislative practice.
The training will be interactive and geared towards practice and cooperation, while providing participants with insights and new or comparative perspectives on:
• The Dutch system, including the role of the legislation and the legislative process;
• Policy and practice for legislative quality in the Netherlands;
• The architecture of a draft law;
• Language rules and structures in legal drafting;
• Public/civil society involvement in preparation of legislation;
• Tools and resources of Dutch legislative drafters.
All theoretical elements will be complemented by practical examples and individual and group assignments, as well as group discussions and debates. Participants will learn about and apply the tools used by Dutch law drafters, and are expected to contribute actively to the training sessions.
Exchange of views and experiences with legislative lawyers of the Netherlands Ministry of Justice and Security will also be part of the training, as well as visits to other key Dutch institutions, such as for example to the House of Representatives and the International Court of Justice.
Junior Project Manager