With the accession of Croatia to the EU, there was an increased need for the Judicial Academy to provide intensive training on EU law.
The objective of this project was the strengthening of professionalism, efficiency and competences of the Croatian judiciary through upgrading and enhancing the quality of continuous training for judges, state attorneys and judicial advisors. In particular, the focus was on the upgrading of the curriculum of the Judicial Academy in the field of European Union law, as well as inclusion of EU law elements in regular civil, criminal and administrative law training.
The achieved results are:
1. Professional training programs on EU law in the area of civil, criminal and commercial law with training materials developed and implemented;
2. Professional training programs on EU case law search with training materials developed and implemented;
3. The existing EU law on-line courses upgraded, new EU law on-line courses developed and implemented;
4. Professional training programs on the selected area of EU law with training materials developed and implemented;
5. Professional training programs on EU law included in the annual program of the Judicial Academy and comprehensive EU law curriculum developed.
Upon closure of the project in total 30 training programmes including 2 online courses were developed. During the project 99 missions were implemented with 18 short term experts from The Netherlands, Lithuania and Spain as well as 32 Croatian experts not including 21 trainers. In total 425 participants have been trained, whereas the benchmark was 165.
Ingrid de Haer-Douma