European Union Kosovo Justice Sector Programme – EUKOJUST, is an EU-funded project implemented by a consortium composed of the German Foundation for International Legal Cooperation (IRZ) as Lead Partner, and its partners the Center for International Legal Cooperation (CILC), and the Ministry of Justice and Public Administration of Croatia (MoJPA Croatia).
EUKOJUST addresses the issues in the Justice Sector in a unified approach with the Ministry of Justice, the Judicial and Prosecutorial Councils and the Academy of Justice under one umbrella.
The Project started in October 2020 and lasts 40 months and has the following 4 specific objectives:
- Strengthening capacities and inter-institutional coordination in the justice sector in accordance with the Functional Review of the Rule of Law Sector and the Strategy that is being developed.
- Strengthening the independence, impartiality, accountability, professionalism, quality, efficiency and transparency of the judiciary.
- Further consolidation and alignment of the legal and institutional framework with European legislation, standards and practices and implementation of laws improved.
- Improving access to justice, particularly for women and disadvantaged or marginalised groups.
The project team together will focus on the following results:
- Inter-institutional coordination mechanism in place;
- Capacities in the justice sector strengthened in accordance with the Functional Review Process and the Justice Sector Strategy;
- Structure and organisation of MoJ improved and departments strengthened;
- Capacities of KPC, KJC, Courts and Prosecution Offices strengthened;
- Capacities of the Justice Academy strengthened;
- Infrastructure of judiciary improved;
- Legal and institutional framework further consolidated and in line with EU Acquis;
- Monitoring and implementation of laws strengthened;
- Access to justice for all citizens strengthened