The global objective of the project was to contribute to the respect for human rights and to the consolidation of democracy in Morocco, within the framework of the implementation of the action plan Morocco-EU as well as of the joint document Morocco-EU on the strengthening of bilateral relations in conformity with the advanced status.
The specific objective of the project was to strengthen the capacities of the CNDH to exercise its statutory attributions in the domains of protection and promotion of human rights. The twinning project thus contributed to the reinforcement of the dialogue, the co-operation and the interaction of Morocco with the European institutions in the field of human rights.
The project was structured around five components logically ordered and tending towards the specific objective of strengthening the capacities of the CNDH to exercise its statutory powers in the areas of protection and promotion of human rights. These five components structuring activities that were implemented achieved the precise target of four mandatory outcomes:
– Result 1: the capacities of the members of the CNDH and its Regional committees as well as the members of the regional Observatories of human rights to exercise their statutory missions are strengthened;
– Result 2: the capacities of the staff of the CNDH and its Regional committees in the field of human rights are strengthened;
– Result 3: the new organisation of the CNDH is effective and a quality management system in place (ISO);
– Result 4: visibility of CNDH areas of competence and activities of is provided for the public and authorities at national and international level;
Ingrid de Haer-Douma
- Morocco // Completion of twinning project 29 November 2017Closing ceremony of cooperation with the Morocco Human Rights Council in Rabat...
Read the full article