Shiraka (11 countries): ongoing
- Elapsed 98% 98%
This is the second CILC project targeting legal drafters from these five countries (previous Matra South Training Programme Legislation). The specific objectives of the training programme are to:
- Train a group of 25 civil servants (experts and policy makers) in the field of legislative drafting and provide them with new theoretical knowledge and practical skills;
- Acquaint the participants from the Arab countries with the Dutch system and the best practices of The Netherlands and Europe in the field of legislative drafting;
- Enhance networking and cooperation between the Dutch experts and their Arab colleagues;
- Provide participants with practical information and advice which are relevant to their countries’ needs and which can help in solving issues in the field of legislative drafting that are being debated in those countries;
- Enhance networking and the exchange of expertise and information between the participants from the various Arab countries and stimulate cooperation between the participating countries.
This will take place by annually organising three-week courses for legislative drafters, of which two weeks in the Netherlands and one week in the region.
TedX Talk by Yuen Yen Tsai, sharing the story of how serious play enhanced the learning experience of the Shiraka Legislation 2016 alumni.
- Tunisia // 2018 Shiraka training on legislation completed 18 December 2018Successful completion of the 2018 Shiraka training on legislation
Read the full article