The specific objectives of the program are the following:
- Achieving a clear division of roles and responsibilities between the Ministry of Justice and Liberties and the public prosecution and enhancing their relations and cooperation, in light of the separation of the public prosecutor from the MoJL
- Supporting the Advocate General of the Court of Cassation and his team in their new role and task of leading and managing the Moroccan public prosecution after its separation from the MoJL.
- Strengthening the Moroccan Supreme Council for the Judicial Power in fulfilling its role as guarantor of the independence of the judiciary
- Supporting the SCJP by assisting it in defining its mission statement, multi-annual strategy and objectives and fulfilling its newly acquired tasks under the Constitution of 2011
- Providing legislative advice and consultation regarding important organic laws that are to be drafted and promulgated in Morocco in the upcoming period
- Providing training and peer to peer coaching to the Moroccan professionals and experts of the MoJL, the SCJP and the public prosecution
- Enhancing networking and the exchange of expertise and information between the Moroccan institutions and experts on the one hand and the Dutch ones on the other one
The project started with a one week inception mission to Morocco conducted by the program director, Mr. Taktak and the program technical leader Mr. van Zutphen. The inception phase was used to fine-tune the program and refine and update its activities and its work plan, approaching and involving all stakeholders, coordination with the donors, the Netherlands Embassy and other initiatives.
Ingrid de Haer-Douma
- Morocco // Support to the National Council of Human Rights 17 June 2015New twinning project launched in Rabat...
Read the full article