The Center for International Legal Cooperation (CILC) is hiring a senior project manager (32-38 hours/week).
CILC is a project organisation operating worldwide in international legal cooperation and capacity building. CILC promotes the rule of law by developing and implementing international legal cooperation projects. CILC brings together legal expertise from different countries to develop solutions for a variety of challenges within legal systems in transition. CILC is based in The Hague and our work spans countries in development and in transition, in particular (South-) Eastern Europe, Indonesia, Suriname, North and East Africa and the Middle East.
CILC is looking for an experienced senior project manager. This position is for 32-38 hours/week and is based in The Hague. The job involves travelling to project sites abroad.
- be responsible for the design and implementation of large EU and/or Dutch funded international projects, including project planning, implementation of activities, monitoring, evaluation and (financial) reporting;
- be responsible for new project acquisition trajectories including identifying potential donors that could fund our work and pursue viable acquisition trajectories;
- lead, steer, guide and support project teams;
- coach (junior) project managers;
- work in close cooperation with the assigned project controller to ensure a sound and solid financial management of projects, monitor budget depletion, prepare and guide (interim) audits, and prepare final financial reports;
- have sound knowledge of financial rules and regulations of national and international donors;
- represent CILC and its interests vis-à-vis the donors, beneficiaries, project partners and project experts, including taking part in relevant discussions and activities in The Hague and abroad;
- be the contact point for international experts, local partners and partner organisations in project implementation and acquisition;
be a sparring partner for the business controller and board as well as work on internal projects to improve the CILC organisation and operation;
- contribute to CILC’s annual report, visibility, website, and other communication materials.
Candidates with the following qualifications:
- have a master’s or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, preferably law, international relations, public administration or political sciences;
- have a minimum of eight years of experience with designing, implementing, monitoring of international projects (preferably EU-funded);
have excellent planning skills, with experience in applying these in a complex project environment with shifting (project) priorities and new developments taking place rapidly;
- have a successful track record in acquiring EU and other donor funded projects;
- have relevant work experience in international contexts, such as the Western Balkan region, Ukraine and/or Moldova, MENA region, or Indonesia;
- have proven experience in steering, supporting and guiding project teams, instruct/delegate where appropriate and be the final responsible towards the client;
- have a strong sense for political and inter-institutional sensitivities;
- have strong public speaking skills and willingness to present CILC in meetings and events;
- have excellent writing and reporting skills, ability to summarise and distribute information quickly and concisely;
- have operational proficiency in written and spoken English; proficiency in Dutch and/or a language spoken in the Western Balkan region, Ukraine or Moldova, MENA region, would be a strong asset;
- have the willingness to travel for project implementation;
- be a team player and cooperate well with colleagues, partners and experts.
CILC offers an informal and at the same time professionally challenging work environment. We offer the opportunity to work with people who care about their work and are motivated to contribute to the justice sector worldwide.
- A contract for one year with a part- or full-time appointment based on 32 up to 38 working hours per week, with the possibility for renewal;
- An international team of motivated colleagues with diverse fields of expertise;
- A wide network of inspiring people and partner organisations all over the world;
- A friendly open office in the city centre of The Hague, with the possibility to work from home a few days a week;
- An annual personal training budget;
- An attractive salary depending on background and experience (CILC scale 12-13: minimum: € 4.215,- maximum € 6.990,-);
- 8% holiday allowance and a 13th month (8,6%);
- A pension plan with ABP fully paid by CILC.
How to apply:
Are you interested? Send us your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before 4 November 2023. If you have further questions about the vacancy and the procedure please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please confirm that you are resident and eligible to work in the Netherlands without restrictions. Note that documents written in a language other than English will not be considered.
CILC is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, colour, or any other protected class.